Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Portraits60people-favorites






1. street - i felt i could not get very close to my subjects or it would ruin me capturing the moment which is what i was aiming for. but since i have a 200mm lens i could keep my distance and get my shots without them nothing. it was hard to pay attention to composition and the moment while trying to stay unnoticed
2.documentary- when i was down at the skate park some patterns or behavior is them looking down at their board as they did the trick and asking me if i got the shot. same expression was looking at their board or leg positioning on the skateboard so they have the right technique to land it. how to convey intimacy or distance, was a close up of the feeet or the full rang focus on where they were jumping of or doing a trick on
3. Environment- for this project i didnt do any like that
4.studio- didnt do any like that
5.focus on facial expressions- when they are looking away, you kind of have a feeling of emotion, for example the last photo i have she is looking at her and her boyfriends hands, it makes you wonder what is she thinking about that or what could be going through her mind. if they are looking at it, just feels set up.
6. after i am done: i am getting more comfortable photographing new people, for this i was a little uneasy at first like i just wanted to get it done with but after a while i just didnt care. what i can do better is try and focus more on composition, and not if i grab their attention. if i do grab it i can just explain and ask for permission or something

3 comments:

  1. I really like the composition in all of your photos and the way that you captured a lot of emotion in a lot of them. I really like the 4th one and how you got that split second that he turned and had a smile on his face. The 3rd one is another one that I think you got that decisive moment which is impressive;] makes me think secrets, secrets dont make friends lol. I do think that you did a very good job it catching some of the subject's personallity! Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love all of these photographs. The background in most of them is just as interesting if not more than the subjects themselves! The colors are very vibrant and I think you do a great job of capturing the current emotions of the people you're photographing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the action of the 1st picture, and I love the background; the purple graffiti adds to the composition. I like how the woman in the painting in the 3rd picture looks like she is just walking with the girls and part of their conversation, very good composition. I also like the composition of the 6th photo; the trees are vertical, but you can see their horizontal shadows, with the couple in the middle of everything.

    ReplyDelete