Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Poetry/Creativity






We Will Win
by Katie Bulley
My heart has grown since we were last here
The ghosts of us hopping along the tracks still laugh,
And kiss,
And dance out of sight
We are not the only ghosts here,
Their signatures are scrawled across the abandoned cars;
Their names and silent shouts: "we will win"
Inscribed on the broken down machinery.
Trapped here by the freedom promised to them by the never-ending parallels
They came to forget
Like the pennies we left for dead on the tracks.
They come to be remembered
Like the time you picked me a dried railroad flower.
No matter why you come
The ghost of your memory will remain.
Watch them come and go in the early evening sun that casts a sepia tone over your eyes.

2 comments:

  1. I love the photos with the pennies, they add an unexpected feel to it. I also like the shadow of the hand because it makes you think and guess about who it is and what they are doing at the tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you took something that we have all seen a million different pictures of and made it your own:]I LOVE the hand shadow with the pennies too ^^ really well done

    ReplyDelete