Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Week5 photo assignment






What interests me about the subjects I photographed is the textures and connections between the subjects. Like in the pictures of the two chairs and how they relate to the area surrounding it, and because they are old and rusty it makes for interesting textures that pop out. Also i was looking at the placement of things in my backyard and campus in relation to its area i wanted to see what would work and what would not.
The compositions help the views see what interested me is because some are very in your face, the main object is upfront, or able to draw you back to the rest of the picture.

3 comments:

  1. You composed your first photo well. I like how the triangular corner of the stones frame the leaves. It's interesting how the shapes and lines the leaves make contrast the shapes and lines the twigs and stones underneath them make. Also, there is a variation in texture and color between all of the objects in the picture. Because of all this contrast, you can definitely tell the focal point is the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second, fourth and fifth pictures are my favorites. I like the depth of field in the second and fourth. It is interesting how you focused on the further object in the fourth. The fifth picture is of such a simple subject but there is something about the composition that makes me want to keep looking at it. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You second picture is really interesting. The composition and colors work very well together. I also think it was a great idea to blur the second chair, otherwise I feel like the seat of the yellow chair would bring your eye out of the frame. Good job.

    ReplyDelete