Tuesday, February 7, 2012

being comfortable


1.     At first I did feel uncomfortable being photographed. This is because eye contact was difficult to decide on, I was never sure. Should I look straight at the camera or should I stare off into space? Unless I am with my family taking a family portrait or with friends taking a picture, I am not fond of looking into the camera. There were moments when I felt more comfortable about being photographed. This was because I became more comfortable with the person who was taking my photo, from taking and discussing what we were doing. Also by my photographer showing me what she was capturing helped as well.
2.     One way to help someone feel more comfortable is by playing music that they enjoy, it would keep there mind off what is happening, plus the silence can be broken. Also music is a good way to lighten someone’s mood, making him or her less tense. I also believe good conversation is helpful, so there are no awkward silences. When I was taking my photographs for the project, I shared what I was taking, letting them know that they were doing a great job at modeling, and that the photos were coming out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment